Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why did I come to Canada?! Part 3 of 27



Things at home were going from bad to worse. In College we had a teacher’s strike and suspended all classes until further notice. Weeks passed and the school faculty announced that we were going to miss this semester and will have to start classes in spring. I was glad because now I can spend more time with piercedtongue.

I had 5 months to get ready to meet him, I said to myself: well, now that we meet face to face, if there is chemistry we continue and if there isn’t then I just cut all ties with him. Easy as 1, 2, and 3 I thought.

It was the beginning of November and 4 months to go. My uncle and my cousin that I have not seen since I was 12 years old came to visit. My mother was mean and rude to me, she offended me in front of them and I would talk back to her trying to make her feel stupid.

That night, my uncle, cousin, two brothers, mom and I went to a department store, my mother asked everyone to pick an early Christmas present .I was looking into getting a perfume bottle and she told me in front of everybody

--no, not you, you are still living at home that is enough of a present.

I was so humiliated and acted like it did not bother me and could not wait to get to my room so I could start crying in peace. Later my cousin asked to come to my room, my face was puffy and my eyes were red, he then sat there and told me
--just be patient and keep your mouth quiet, save enough money and leave this house.
The next day I woke up and over heard my mother talking on the phone with one of my aunts, saying

--I don’t know why she still living at home, why doesn’t she move away, she is old enough. I can’t wait for my other boys to be 18 and just leave me alone.
I came out the room to take a shower and everybody was looking at me, no one was saying anything but I felt everyone (except my mom) being nice to me and feeling sorry. I hated that feeling of compassion towards me, it made me feel even more humiliated.

I knew it was time to go.

I spoke to piercedtongue, he told me that I should not take that and that I must go to Canada and marry him and he will take care of me. I asked if the offer of paying ½ of my ticket was still standing because I had very few money saved. He told me that since he was thinking that I was going to leave in 4 months he did not have money saved for my ticket. He said to pay for it myself and he would reimburse me once I get there.

I went to a travel agency and bought a one way ticket to Canada, the lady in the frontdesk was puzzled on why I was only buying a one way ticket to Canada, before she asked I told her that I had family there and that they offered to pay for my ticket on my way back. We both smiled and left it at that.

I went to visit my friend from Yemen with who I had a fling but then became good friends. He was against this right from the get go, he told me that Piercedtongue was not an honest man, that honest middle eastern men don’t act this way. I told him that I made up my mind and showed him my plane ticket. He was silent for a moment and wished me the best.

To be continued...


3 comments:

Andrea said...

awww I do hope that you'll post soon, seems really interesting:)

*hugs*

Richard said...

It was kind of mean what your mother did to you while shopping.

Shania said...

Alpha B: Thanks,I will be posting once a day.

Richard: yeah, that was my relationship with my mom.

 

fentanyl