Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Why did i come to Canada?! Part 2 of 27



My best friend was concerned, she gave me advice to be best of her knowledge but I wasn’t listening, of course I was scared, but I also was enjoying having him in my life.

I was always thinking about him, we were on the phone 24/7. He would call me to wake me up, I called him during my lunch hour and right after work, he called during school brakes and after school, it was insane. He told me that he wanted to marry me that he was tired of being alone. We were making plans for the future, our future.


At church I was not there physically, I was somewhere else lost in the limbo, still thinking about him, thinking on how are we going to work this out, is he serious about this? Does he want to marry me and start a family? Do I want to start a family? With a guy that has a different religion then mine? All I knew was that this time I am not going to let my insecurities keep me from true love.

I could not confide with anybody in church, I felt that they were all puritans, they will never understand. I must have been acting strange because a church member approached me and said:
-- I know it is not my business but you look different
--I said different how?
--He said are you seeing someone?

He was married to a very lovely woman they were a young couple; he seemed trustworthy so I confided in him. I told him, he was from Canada but I never mentioned that I met him online, that I have never seeing the guy in person. I told him that he was Muslim and that I loved him.

I did not feel that he was judging me like I’ve felt with other people before. He was calmed and he gave me a wise advice, he said it did not matter if he was Muslim but I should really think about setting some ground rules if I wanted to be in a serious relationship. He asked if he could meet him and that he will be praying for us. Of course he cannot meet him; I have not even met him myself. I said yes sure, you will meet him one of these days.


I talked to piercedtongue and we talked about religion, I told him that I cannot change my religion, that my kids when they are young will go to my church, I did not want him to control they way I dressed, I was not ok if he decided to have more than one wife, and that I had a stereotype that Middle Eastern men were very controlling and wife beaters. He agreed to my demands and said that this will not be a problem; He laughed and said that Middle Eastern men thought that most American women were whores; he asked me if it was true I said NO! It is not true, and then he said,” see, it is just a silly stereotype”
I felt assured in knowing that we already talked about these issues and we came to an understanding.
All I had to worry was to be happy and prepare myself for my new future.

To be continued…




7 comments:

The Drifter said...

Hello,

Thank You for responding. I apreciate your not agreeing with me, but there is no need to get upset. I am not forcing you to think this way. Please forgive me if I have upset of offended you, but please don't be rude.

Shania said...

who is getting upset? you? I am sorry if you feel that way. I was just giving you my point of view as you gave yours. I am sorry if that means being rude.

The Drifter said...

Hello,

I agree with what you said on my page. I hope we can move on. I liked this peice very much. In fact it surprised me, I have gone through something extremely similar to this with someone I met online. I was told to let him go and I did. I don't think I will ever stop wondering if I did the right thing. It stills hurts very much. I wish I had followed my own heart instead of others.

Shania said...

sure,let's move on

The Drifter said...

Hello,

Thank You.

Anonymous said...

I really admire your courage to actually do something like this...just leave everything behind and venture out to an 'unknown'. I many times have wanted to do something like this but I've always been a "chicken".

Shania said...

Anonymous: Thanks for your comment, well I still don't know how I managed to do something so crazy like this but everything comes with a price as you soon will read in the remaining parts of my story

 

fentanyl